Window of the World in Shenzhen is a replica park of famous sites in the world. The Eiffel tower which is a 1:3 ratio of original one in Paris is the most visible reproduction. Aside from the Eiffel tower, WOW also showcases The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps of Rome, Lazio of Italy, A typical landscape of Holland, with windmills and tulips, Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza, Egypt, The Lighthouse of Alexandria, Egypt and a lot more.
They got different relicas for each region with a ratio of 1:3, 1:5,1:15. My favorite replicas were the windmills and the pyramids. They also have a replica of Angel Falls and The Alps which also has a skiing adventure at an additional cost.
Admission Fee: CNY 140
Opening hours: 9AM-7:30PM
HOW TO GET THERE:
*From Hongkong By Subway::
Take the subway line to Lo Wu Border. Cross the Border (needs China VISA) Then Take Shenzhen Metro Line 1 and get off at Shijiezhichuang (Window of the World) station
an easier map MTR planner from Jordan (we were staying at BP International Hotel)
Train Jordan to Lo Wu
-interchange at Prince Edward (Tiu Keng Leng)
-interchange at Kowloon Tong (Lo Wu)
*Within Shenzhen-By Public Bus:
From the railway station, take sightseeing bus 1 or bus no.101
From the airport, take bus 327 to Window of the World directly.
What to expect:
- Entering Shenzhen needs a VISA secure a VISA in Hongkong or your country before going. Some Travel Agency also offers group VISAs for 100HKD.
- To save time in Window of the World, You can actually ride the trolley which costs around 30CNY, there are also bikes for rent.
- Always bring an umbrella and some water.
- Check travelguidechina-shenzhen for tips and questions.
- Always carry a map and take not of the Chinese translation of the MTR stations, Window of The World or other landmarks in case you get lost and you need to take the taxi.